Therapy for Healthcare Providers
As a healthcare provider, you put others before yourself day in and day out.
Between working long shifts, attending to others’ needs, and being on-call, you feel like don’t have time for much else. There are areas of your life that you would like to improve, but you are so tired that, on your days off, you barely have time to eat, sleep, or exercise. Finding a therapist feels like just another thing to add to your ever-expanding to-do list. You may want to improve your relationship with you partner, how you deal with stress, or how work is impacting your personal life. You sometimes feel problem rich and time poor. You want things to get better but you don’t have a lot of time to do it.
Dr. Melanie Chinchilla provides solution-focused therapy tailored to help you meet your goals and make changes in your life. She has worked with physicians and healthcare providers while they navigate different phases of their academic and clinical career and helped them navigate uncertain times during the pandemic.
We know that your time is valuable and in short supply. In addition to in-person appointments, Approach Therapy also offers online therapy (also called teletherapy) which allows you to meet with me from the comfort of your own home or office so you don’t have to commute. Dr. Chinchilla is a credential psychologist with the National Register of Health Psychologists. She has worked in emergency rooms, inpatient units, outpatient clinics, large healthcare systems, and private practices. In addition to her PhD in Clinical Psychology, she also holds a Masters degree in Healthcare Administration. She completed training at the University of California, San Francisco in the UCSF Faculty and Staff Assistance Program where she served faculty, staff, residents, physicians, postdocs and clinical fellows.
Education & Training
- Dr. Chinchilla earned a Bachelors of Science degree in psychology, a Masters of Science degree in Clinical Psychology, a Masters of Science degree in Heathcare Administration and a doctorate of Clinical Psycholgy with a specialization in psychopathology.
- She completed her postdoctoral work at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
- Dr. Chinchilla is a health service psychologist with the National Register of Health Psychologists.
- She has worked in emergency rooms, inpatient units, outpatient clinics, large healthcare systems, and private practices.
- While working at UCSF, she learned about the mental health health risks, stigma, and burnout physicians often face in their careers. She conducted wellness seminars on mindfulness and stress management for healthcare providers and physicians to help them manage stress.
Approach to Therapy
- Dr. Melanie Chinchilla provides solution-focused therapy tailored to help you meet your goals and make changes in your life.
- She has worked with nurses, physicians and other healthcare providers while they navigate different phases of their academic and clinical career.
- Dr. Chinchilla is passionate about working with healthcare professionals and the unique challenges they face as they navigate uncertain times.
Schedule your first session today!
It has never been easier to get started.