Therapy for Healthcare Providers
As a healthcare provider, you put others before yourself day in and day out.
Between working long shifts, attending to others’ needs, and being on-call, you may feel like you don’t have time for much else. There are areas of your life that may want to improve, but you are so tired that, on your days off, you may feel like you barely have time to eat, sleep, or exercise. Finding a therapist feels like just another thing to add to your ever-expanding to-do list. You may want to improve your relationship with your partner, how you deal with stress, or how work impacts your personal life. You sometimes feel problem-rich and time-poor. You want things to get better but don’t have much time to do it.
Dr. Melanie Chinchilla provides solution-focused therapy tailored to help you achieve your goals and make sustainable changes. She has worked with physicians and healthcare providers as they navigated different academic and clinical career phases.
Dr. Chinchilla is a credentialed psychologist with the National Register of Health Psychologists. She has worked in emergency rooms, inpatient units, outpatient clinics, large healthcare systems, academic medical centers, and private practices. In addition to her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Dr. Chinchilla earned a Master of Science degree in Healthcare Administration. She values being part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team, has experience conducting pre-surgical consults and evaluations, and enjoys collaborating to optimize patient and provider outcomes. Dr. Chinchilla completed her postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco, in the UCSF Faculty and Staff Assistance Program. She served faculty, staff, residents, physicians, postdocs, and clinical fellows.
Education & Training
- Dr. Chinchilla earned a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology, a Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology, a Master of Science degree in Healthcare Administration, and a doctorate of Clinical Psychology with a specialization in psychopathology.
- She completed her postdoctoral work at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
- Dr. Chinchilla is a health service psychologist with the National Register of Health Psychologists.
- She has worked in emergency rooms, inpatient units, outpatient clinics, large healthcare systems, and private practices.
- While working at UCSF, she learned about the mental health risks, stigma, and burnout physicians often face in their careers. She conducted wellness seminars on mindfulness and stress management for healthcare providers and physicians to help them manage stress.
Approach to Therapy
- Dr. Melanie Chinchilla provides solution-focused therapy tailored to help you meet your goals and change your life.
- She is passionate about working with healthcare professionals and their unique personal and professional challenges as they navigate uncertain times.
Interested in starting therapy?
It has never been easier to get started.